The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) invites suitably qualified candidates to its 2018/2019 academic session postgraduate programmes (Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Ph. D Programmes) admission.
FUTA Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
All candidates must possess at least five (5) ‘O’ level credits as required in relevant disciplines and must include credits in English Language and Mathematics.
(i) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
(a) A first degree in the relevant discipline.
(b) Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related discipline.
(c) Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
(ii) Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.) (a) A good Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate discipline.
(b) A good Bachelors degree from other recognized Universities, in the appropriate discipline.
(c) Higher National Diploma of at least Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate discipline.
(iii) Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) For M. Phil. in advertised discipline, a good M. Tech. degree or equivalent is required in the relevant discipline.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
(a) A good Masters degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average score.
(b) Any other qualification approved by Senate.
How to Apply For FUTA Postgraduate Admission
- Candidates should process their application on-line at the University’s website (http://portal.spgs.futa.edu.ng/) using the e-tranzact method with payment made to the School of Postgraduate Studies account.
- Application forms for postgraduate programmes are sold for N20,000.00 (Ph. D), N20,000.00 (Masters), and N20,000.00 (PGD) only
- Go to PG Portal and verify the payment on the link for “Application payment” using the Confirmation code from the bank
- Click on the Application Form link to fill the form
- Note: Application payments can be made nationwide at any bank branch that is on etranzact platfom. Please note that you do not need any account number to pay for the Application Form, just indicate on your teller that you want to pay for FUTA Postgraduate Application Form.
Specifically, Ph. D candidates should send their Research Proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org using surname_school/dept.doc e.g. Ojo_sos/che.researchproposal
Non–FUTA graduates should ensure that the official transcript from their Institutions is directed to the address below using the transcript label in the application form and indicating the target Department of study) latest six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement:
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES ATTN: DEPARTMENT OF…..…….
THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY,
P.M.B. 704, AKURE,
ONDO STATE, NIGERIA.