This is to inform the general public that online sale of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State, Postgraduate Application Forms for the 2018/2019 Academic Session has commenced .
IBBU Lapai Postgraduate Available Programmes
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension Services
1 PGD. Agricultural Economics
2 M.Sc.- Agricultural Economics
3 PhD – Agricultural Economics
Department of Animal Production
1 PGD – Animal Production
2 M.Sc – Animal Production
Areas of Specialization
1. Monogastric Nutrition
2. Animal Physiology
3. Animal Products & Processing
4. Ruminant Nutrition
Department of Crop Production
1 PGD. –Crop Production
2 M. Sc – Crop Production
2. Plant Pathology
4. Soil Science
5. Weed Science
Faculty of Education And Arts
Department of Counseling Psychology
M.Ed.-Guidance and Counseling
Department of Continuing Education and Community Development
M.Ed and PhD in Adult Education
1. Adult and Non-Formal Education
2. Rural and Community Development
3. Gender Education
4. Industrial Education
5. Entrepreneurial Adult Education
6. Communication Arts in Adult Education
Department of Human Kinetics & Health Education
M.Sc. Human Kinetics & Health Education
1. Exercise Physiology.
2. Health Education.
3. Sports Psychology.
4. Sports Administration and Planning
Faculty of Languages And Communication Studies
Department of Arabic
1. M.A – Arabic Language
2. M. A – Arabic Literature
Department of English
1. PGD in English
2. M.A & PhD,.- English
3. M.A.& PhD. – Literature
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Department of Biochemistry
1. PGD – Biochemistry
2. M.Sc. Biochemistry
3. PhD – Biochemistry
1. Nutritional Biochemistry.
2. Biochemical Toxicology.
3. Medical Biochemistry & Chemical Pathology.
4. Molecular Biology & Biotechnology.
5. Environmental Biochemistry
6. Pharmacological Biochemistry
Department of Biology
1. PDG – Environmental Biology
2. M.Sc. –Biology (options in the following areas)
3. Hydrobiology and Fisheries
4. Environmental Biology
7. Mycology/Plant Pathology
Department of Geography
1 PGD. –Water Resources & Environmental Management
2 M.Sc.- Water Resources & Environmental Management
Department of Physics
1. PGD – Physics
2. M.Sc. Physics – (options in the following areas)
3. Applied Geophysics
4. Solid State Physics
5. Radiations and Health/Nuclear Physics
6. Theoretical Physics
7. Energy Studies
Faculty of Management And Social Sciences
Department of Business Administration
1. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Management
2. MBA with options in
3. Business Accounting & Finance
4. Islamic Finance
1. Insurance & Actuarial Science
3. Human Resource Management
vii.Auditing & Public Sector Accounting
viii.Public Finance Management
The PGD Management and MBA programmes will hold their lectures at IBB University Suleja Campus
Department of Political Science
1. Postgraduate Diploma in Public Policy & Administration (PGDPPA)
2. M.Sc.- Political Science
3. Master in Public Policy & Administration (MPPA)
4. Master in International Studies & Diplomacy (MISD)
Department of Sociology M.Sc Sociology
(Areas of Specialization)
1. Medical Sociology
2. Industrial Sociology
3. Sociology of Education
5. Development Studies
Admission Requirements For IBBU Postgraduate Admission 2018/2019 Forms
Candidates are advised to read the specify entry requirements on the Advert:
1. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes Applicants must possess: Class Degree minimum of Lower Credit certificate/letter Language and Mathematics
Any other qualification acceptable to the Senate of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
1. Master’s Programmes, Applicant must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division honours from recognized institutions
- NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter
- 5 O’ Level credit passes including English Language and Mathematics
- Candidates for English Language and Literature must possess credit in O’Level Literature
- Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit) who in addition, possess a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a relevant discipline may be considered.
- Minimum duration of the Masters degree is 18 months
- The PGD Management and MBA programmes will hold their lectures at IBB University Suleja Campus
1. Ph.D. Degree Programmes
- Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degree programme of IBB University must possess the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees of IBB University or any other University recognized by the Senate of IBB University in the relevant discipline.
- To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent of 60% in Master’s (M.A/M.Sc) degree result.
- Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50-3.99 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent (55-59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil/Ph.D programme in the respective discipline.
- Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the Ph.D programme except they obtained M.Sc degrees in relevant fields.
- A P.hD. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for part-time candidates.
- Relevant courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
How To Apply For IBBU Postgraduate Admission 2018/2019 Forms
All interested applicants should visit the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai website portal portals.ibbul.edu.ng/mds/ pgapp for available courses, requirements, details of purchase, filling and submission of the online forms. Please note the following information:
1. The cost of each application form is N15, 000.00 only. And Bank charges of N300 only
2. The duration for the sale of application forms and submission is from 5th June – 9th July 2018
3. The phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the applicant should reflect in the online application form
4. The phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the applicant’s referees should be included in the online application form
5. Please ensure that you have the basic entry requirements of five O’Level Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings. Candidates for English Language and English Literature programmes must have a credit in Literature at O’Level
6. The Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Management and the MBA programmes will have their lectures at Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Suleja Campus.
7. All candidates are to be subjected to an eligibility test on Thursday 26th July, 2018.
Venue IBB University Lapai
All correspondence should be addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
P.M.B. 11, Lapai, Niger State, Nigeria