The UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Forms for 2018/2019 has been released. All candidates who are interested to pursue their postgraduate degrees at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, UNIZIK are required to follow these instructions to apply for Postgraduate Admission.
POSTGRADUATE DEGREE AND DIPLOMA COURSES AVAILABLE.
Doctorate and Masters’ Degree and Postgraduate Diploma Programmes are available. Click here to see courses.
3.1 POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
3.1.1. Graduates from approved Universities who hold first degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
3.1.2. Candidates from approved Polytechnics or Monotechnics who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit.
3.2 . MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into Masters Programmes:
3.2.1 Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
3.2.2 Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale).
3.3 DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
Graduates from approved universities who hold Masters degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 70% for universities that do not use the FCGPA
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO,NABTEB or TCII(Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/Faculty and General University Requirements.
Applicants are advised to obtain information on Departmental requirements and areas of specialization from the university website www.spgs.unizik.edu.ng
*This is important*
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES
4.1 Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme: minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters. Part- Time: minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time: minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time: minimum of six (6) Semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters
4.2 Master Degree Programmes
Full-Time Masters Degree programmes : minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. Part-time programme : minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters
4.3 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
Full-Time PhD programmes : minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters. Part-Time programme: minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters
5.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION For UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission 2018
- Application form should be completed on-line by logging onto
- Click on “Create Account” to Create a new account,
- Fill the form and click on “Submit”
- An email will be sent to your box and a page indicating the successful creation of your profile will be displayed. Click on “click here”. You will be directed to the log in page.
- Enter your username and password and click on “sign in”.
- Follow the instruction on the page following each step as indicated to access the application form.
- Click on Step one on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the ICT Fee (N1, 000).
- Click on Step two on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the Application Fee (N10, 000).
- Take the RRR to any bank of your choice for payment of Application Fee and ICT Fee.
- To confirm payment:
- Click on step three. Type the RRR for the ICT Fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”. Again, type in the RRR for the Application fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”
- Once the confirmation for the two payments is successful, you can proceed to step four to fill your application form
- Click on step four. Fill and submit online the completed Application Form, scanning and attaching the claimed certificates, including O’level certificates.
5.2 Print the completed Application Form for your personal use. You will require this document in the course of the admission and registration.
5.3 Download and print a copy of the Transcript Request Form. The Transcript Request Form should be sent to your former Institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
5.4 Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission 2018 Form Deadline
5.5 Sale of Form Ends on 3 August, 2018
Submission of Form Ends on 10 August, 2018
Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies not later than 24 August, 2018.
6.6 PhD applicants in submitting their forms, shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
1. Topic (not more than 18 words)
2. Brief background of the Study
3. Aim and Objectives/Purpose
5. Expected Outcomes
6. References .
UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission 2018 Screening Test
6.7 Qualified Applicants will be invited for Screening Test and Proposal Defence (PhD only) from 27 August, 2018.
Notwithstanding compliance with the above conditions, all admissions offered are provisional and the School of Postgraduate Studies reserves the right to offer, confirm or deny admission.
Dr. Ifeyinwa F. Anolue
School of Postgraduate Studies