A lot of our readers have been asking about the programmes/courses offered at UNICAL and their admission requirements. Today, we would be looking into the number of accredited degree programmes offered by the University Of Calabar (UNICAL), both for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes according to the NUC as well as their respective admission requirements, according to JAMB.
You should also check: UNICAL School Fees
Now Lets Look into the Undergraduate UNICAL Courses And their General Admission Requirement
Undergraduate UNICAL Courses And Admission Requirement
The following are the Undergraduate UNICAL Courses And General Admission Requirement for the University Of Calabar by Faculty.
Agricultural Economics and Extension
Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
Agricultural Science and Education
Banking and Finance (Mgt)
Dentistry And Dental Surgery
Education and Biology
Education and Chemistry
Education and Economics
Education and English Language
Education and French
Education and Geography / Physics
Education and History
Education and Mathematics
Education and Physics
Education and Political Science
Education and Religious Studies
Education and Social Science
Education and Social Studies
Electronics and Computer Technology
English and Literary Studies
Environmental Protection And Resources Management
Food Science and Technology
Forestry And Wildlife Management
Genetics and Bio-Technology
Geography and Environmental Management
Geography and Environmental Science
History and International Studies
Hospitality And Tourism Management
Human Nutrition and Dietetics
Library and Information Science
Mathematics / Statistics
Medical Laboratory Technology / Science
Medicine and Surgery
Nursing / Nursing Science
Physical and Health Education
Policy and Administrative Studies
Public Health Technology
Technology and Vocational Education
UNICAL Undergraduate Courses Admission Requirements
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- The candidate must make at least 200 pass mark in JAMB to qualify for internal screening
Now Lets Look into the Postgraduate UNICAL Courses And their General Admission Requirement
Postgraduate UNICAL Courses And Admission Requirement
The following are the Postgraduate UNICAL Courses And General Admission Requirement for the University Of Calabar by Faculty.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS The following academic programmes are available in the Department of Agricultural Economics.
1. MSc and PhD in Farm Management and Production Economics
2. MSc and PhD in Agricultural Marketing and Cooperative
3. MSc and PhD in Development and Policy
4. MSc and PhD in Agricultural Finance
5. MSc and PhD in Agribusiness Management
6. PGD in Agricultural Economics
The entry requirements are same as the general requirements but candidates must have Agricultural Economics and related disciplines’ background. However, for the PGD programme, candidates with HND (Lower credit) in Agriculture and related disciplines would also be accepted.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND RURAL SOCIOLOGY Entry Requirements The department offers courses according to specialization in the following areas:
i. M.Sc & Ph.D in Agric. Extension Administration and Management.
ii. M.Sc & Ph.D in Extension Communication and Information Technology.
iii. M.Sc & Ph.D in Agric. Extension Education.
iv. M.Sc & Ph.D in Rural and Community Development.
v. M.Sc & Ph.D in Rural Sociology.
vi. M.Sc & Ph.D in Environmental Extension Management.
vii. PGD in Agric. Extension & Rural Sociology.
Admission requirements remain the same. DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL SCIENCE The Department offers courses leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma (PGD), Master of Science (M. Sc.) and Doctoral (Ph.D.) Degrees in the following areas of specialization;
UNICAL Postgraduate Courses Admission Requirements
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES:
- The M.Sc Programme is a minimum of four semesters and maximum of six semesters.
- The duration of the PGD programme is a minimum of two semesters and maximum of four semesters.
MODE OF STUDY: The M.Sc and PGD programme are on a full-time basis
For more information, kindly visit University Of Calabar website: www.unical.edu.ng
Incase of Any other questions, ask by comment below.
Thanks for visiting our site.