A lot of our readers have been asking about the programmes/courses offered at ABU and their admission requirements. Today, we would be looking into the number of accredited degree programmes offered by the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), both for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes according to the NUC as well as their respective admission requirements, according to JAMB.
You should also check: Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria Schools Fees
Now Lets Look into the Undergraduate ABU Courses And their General Admission Requirement
Undergraduate ABU Courses And Admission Requirement
The following are the Undergraduate ABU Courses And General Admission Requirement for the Ahmadu Bello University by Faculty.
Accountancy / Accounting
Agricultural Science and Education
Drama / Dramatic / Performing Arts
Education and Arabic
Education and Biology
Education and Chemistry
Education and Christian Religious Studies
Education and Geography / Physics
Education and Hausa
Education and Integrated Science
Education and Islamic Studies
Education and Mathematics
Education and Physics
Education and Social Studies
Guidance and Counseling
Home Economics and Education
Hospitality And Tourism Management
Information Resource Management
Insurance and Actuarial Science
Islamic / Sharia Law
Library and Information Science
Literature in English
Local Government And Development Studies
Medicine and Surgery
Nursing / Nursing Science
Physical and Health Education
Textile Science and Technology
Textile Science and Technology
Urban and Regional Planning
Water Resources and Environmental Engr.
ABU Undergraduate Courses Admission Requirements
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- The candidate must make at least 200 pass mark in JAMB to qualify for internal screening
Now Lets Look into the Postgraduate ABU Courses And their General Admission Requirement
Postgraduate ABU Courses And Admission Requirement
The following are the Postgraduate ABU Courses And General Admission Requirement for the Ahmadu Bello University by Faculty.
|Administration||Accounting||Ph.D Accounting and Finance||Doctorate||3|
|Administration||Accounting||M.Phil Accounting (Full time)||M. Phil||1|
|Administration||Accounting||Masters in Accounting (Part-Time)||Masters||2|
|Administration||Accounting||Masters in Banking and Finance||Masters||2|
|Administration||Accounting||M.Sc Accounting and Finance||Masters||2|
|Administration||Accounting||PGD Accounting and Finance||Postgraduate Diploma||1|
|Administration||Accounting||PGD Testing purpose_11 for now||Postgraduate Diploma||1|
|Administration||Business Administration||Ph.D Business Administration||Doctorate||3|
|Administration||Business Administration||M.Phil Business Administration||Doctorate||1|
|Administration||Business Administration||M.SC BANKING AND FINANCE||Masters||2|
|Administration||Business Administration||Masters in Business Administration (Part-Time)||Masters||2|
|Administration||Business Administration||Masters in Business Administration (Full-time)||Masters||2|
|Administration||Business Administration||M.Sc Business Administration (Full-Time)||Masters||2|
|Administration||Business Administration||PGD in Management (Part-time)||Postgraduate Diploma||1|
|Administration||Business Administration||B. Sc. Insurance||Undergraduate||4|
|Administration||Business Administration||B.Sc. Business Administration||Undergraduate||4|
|Administration||Local Government and Development Studies||Ph.D Local Government Studies||Doctorate||4|
|Administration||Local Government and Development Studies||M.PHIL LOCAL GOVERNMENT & DEVELOPMENT STUDIES||M. Phil||1|
|Administration||Local Government and Development Studies||Masters in Public Administration – Local Government||Masters||2|
|Administration||Local Government and Development Studies||M.Sc Policy and Dev. Studies (F/T)||Masters||2|
|Administration||Local Government and Development Studies||Masters in Policy and Dev. Studies (MFDS)(Part-time)||Masters||2|
|Administration||Local Government and Development Studies||PGD Local Government (Full & Part Time)||Postgraduate Diploma||1|
|Administration||Local Government and Development Studies||B.A. Local Govt. And Dev. Studies (Special)||Special Admission||2|
|Administration||Local Government and Development Studies||B.A. Local Government & Development Studies||Undergraduate||4|
|Administration||Public Administration||Ph.D Public Administration (Full-Time)||Doctorate||3|
|Administration||Public Administration||Masters in Public Administration (Full-Time)||Masters||2|
|Administration||Public Administration||M.Sc Public Administration (Full-Time)||Masters||2|
|Administration||Public Administration||M.PHIL PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION||Masters||1|
|Administration||Public Administration||Masters in Public Administration (Part-Time)||Masters||2|
|Administration||Public Administration||PGD Human Capital Development||Postgraduate Diploma||1|
|Administration||Public Administration||PGD Public Administration (Part-Time)||Postgraduate Diploma||1|
|Administration||Public Administration||B.Sc. Public Administration (Special)||Special Admission||2|
|Administration||Public Administration||B.Sc. Public Administration||Undergraduate||4|
|Agriculture||Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology||Ph.D Agric. Extension & Rural Sociology||Doctorate||3|
|Agriculture||Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology||Ph.D Agric. Economics||Doctorate||3|
|Agriculture||Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology||M. PHIL CROP PROTECTION||M. Phil||1|
|Agriculture||Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology||M.Sc Agric. Extension & Rural Sociology||Masters||2|
|Agriculture||Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology||M.Sc Agric. Economics||Masters||2|
|Agriculture||Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology||PGD Farm Management||Postgraduate Diploma||1|
ABU Postgraduate Courses Admission Requirements
- After admission, all PG programmes must last not less than 18 months and not more than 24 months before examination for degree award.
- The minimum duration for PHD (full time) is 36 months while that of part-time is 60 months.
- Prior to seeking admission into ABU Postgraduate programme, candidates must have passed JAMB, and undergone necessary undergraduate programme successfully.
- Candidate must posses a good O’level result relevant to his/her chosen programme.
- A holder of PASS DEGREE or HND is NOT qualified for ABU PG school.
- Holders of 3rd class degree will be admitted if: (1) such candidates have other supporting qualifications or (2) if applicants have at least 5 years postgraduate experience in related field.
- Candidates applying for PHD in ABU must have M.Sc or M.Phil with a research thesis component (not project).
- Candidates with CGPA less than 3.5 are not eligible for PhD in ABU.
- Candidates are to note that they SHALL BE REQUIRED to write Entrance Examinations for their respective programmes. The dates, venues and times of the examinations shall be communicated in due course.
- All foreign candidates must satisfy the following requirements, aside the normal entry requirements for every programme, before they can proceed with their studies in the University if offered admission:
Possession of the following documents:
2.International Passport or ECOWAS Travel Certificate
3.Valid VISA – STR (Subject to Regularization)
MODE OF STUDY: The M.Sc and PGD programme are on a full-time basis
For more information, kindly visit Ahmadu Bello University website: http://portal.abu.edu.ng/pgform/showprogrammes.php
Incase of Any other questions, ask by comment below.
Thanks for visiting our site.