The NECO Registrar, Prof. Abdulrashid Garba, has officially announced the releases of June/July SSCE results on Thursday in Minna.
According to him the 2015 result was an improvement from 2014 as 68.56 per cent of candidates got more than five credits this year as agianst 52.29 last year.
Garba said that 969,491 sat for the examination out of the 969,991 candidates that registered and that about 0.11 per cent cases of malpractice were recorded, adding that the results of candidates involved have been cancelled.
According to him, the number of candidates with five credits and above including English and Mathematics was 664,747 representing 68.56 per cent as against 511,931 representing 52.29 per cent in 2014.
On the state by state analysis of the result, he disclosed that Delta State recorded the highest number of passes with 83.5 per cent followed by Edo State with 83.3 per cent, while Yobe State has the lowest number with 36 per cent followed by Zamfara State with 38.5 per cent.
“The 2015 examinations result was released within 60 days after the final paper. This shows a great success achieved by the council.
“Lists of schools which were involved in examination malpractice have been blacklisted and the results of students who wrote in such centres have been cancelled,”
“13 states out of the 36 states and FCT are partially owing the council with many of them working to settle it; NECO is a Nigerian examination body for Nigeria; we know the peculiarities of Nigeria; many are indicating interest to pay”. He said.