A lot of our readers have asked to know if they can transfer from one University in Nigeria, to another, and if possible, they wish to know their respective requirements.
This publication is published to address these queries.
To begin with, inter-University transfer is possible in Nigeria. In other words, you can transfer from one degree programme in an approved Nigerian University to the same or another Degree programme in another Approved University.
A student studying medicine at Madonna University can apply for and successfully transfer his medical programme to the College of Medicine at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN via the inter-University transfer form. If such a student fails to meet the requested requirement for the transfer to Medicine at UNN, he might opt to transfer to the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Nigeria.
0. How To Apply For JAMB 2015 UTME
1. UMYU Inter University Transfer: Apply Here Now!
2. UNILORIN 2014 Inter-University Transfer Form Out, Apply Now
3. UNN Inter-University Transfer 2013/2014 Begins
WHICH UNIVERSITIES ACCEPT TRANSFER
However, as at the time of writing this publication, only a number of Universities in Nigeria, accepts the inter-University transfer, from or to other Universities, so you can do well to ask questions by comment below this post on the school you want to transfer to and from.
Some Universities that accept/allow for Inter-University transfer includes;
• The Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU,
• The University of Ibadan, UI,
• The University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN,
• The Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, LAUTECH
• The University of Ilorin, UNILORIN
• The Federal University Of Technology, Akure, FUTA
• The Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University, UMYU as well as
• Some Private universities.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR TRANSFER
The basic requirements for the inter-University transfer vary from University to University, so do well to contact the admission office of the selected University to know their requirements.
However, the basic requirement for any inter-University transfer any applicant should note is that;
1. No school will admit you beyond 200l, second year and your C.G.P.A must be very strong enough.
2. Be ready to continue with course you are studying
3. Your UTME score is also required. That is, if You scored 180 and the cut off for the university you finally choosed was 200 then its not possible.
As well as other departmental requirements, example, medicine JAMB cut-off for UNILORIN is 240, etc.
WHEN IS THE FORM OUT
The Inter-University transfer form is usually out at the end of the second semester of the school you are transferring to. It usually coincide with the Direct Entry admission period of that school.
HOW DO I APPLY
To begin your application for the inter-University transfer;
1. First, you need to write to your school your intentions of transferring, they will of course grant your move
2. If your move is granted by your parent institution, they University will then withhold your admission, which means that you have ceased to be a student of that University.
3. At this point, you can then make an application to your choice institution on your desire to be admitted.
NOTE: If your request for inter-University transfer is not granted, that is, not accepted by the University you are transferring to, you can only return to your former Institution as a fresher and not to continue as an undergraduate, regardless of your level before the transfer.
This means that, as a 400 level student of the Enugu State University, ESUT, you apply for transfer to UNN, and eventually failed, you are going to return to ESUT as a 100 Level student and no longer as a 400 level student.
HOW MUCH IS THE INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER FORM
Just like the requirements vary, the cost of the form by University also vary by session.
The cost at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN at this time is N70,000 (Seventy Thousand Naira Only), payable by E-Tranzact.
UNILORIN acceptance for the Inter-University admission is pegged at N350,000.
Visit the Institution you are applying for to find out their exact cost.
We hope we have been able to answer all your questions in regards to Inter-University transfer in Nigeria.
If you still have more questions related to the topic above, please drop them as a comment below, and we would do well to answer those we can.
All the best!
– Obasi. D. C. Chinedu
Confused??? Ask Questions Using The Comment Box below, and we shall reply you within the hour!!!
Join Us On BBM With PIN: 790B3D84
Dont Forget To Share this on your wall for your friends using buttons below For a Free Gift Today!!!
Your support is our future!