>Students of the Imo State University Owerri rejoiced as they on St valentine's day received the best gift they could ever wish for in what could be best described as a Double tripple blessing.
The strike embarked upon by various union of the institution was called off bringing to light the birth of several valentine gifts as many other unexpected favours followed.
As announced by the Governor of the state, Rochas Okorocha at the Freedom Square in Owerri, while addressing a huge crowd of Government workers. The governor urged the staff of the institution to return to work immediately and receive their salaries while the state government ensures that the school is moved to their permanent site.
Secondly, students of Imo State Origin, studying in any tertiary institution in the state will now be entitled to FREE EDUCATION.
Governor Rochas owelle- "every student of Imo state Origin in any Institution within the state will be entitled to a scholarship worth N100,000 every year, of which 70,000 will be the bursary for the school fee and 30,000 as loan/grant from the state saying with no collateral".
This is subject to their obedience to rules and regulations as and any criminal act would violate the term of agreement and would result in the termination of their entitlements.
DETAILS OF THE FEE STRUCTURE
For those at OND level in the state polytechnics, they will get N60,000, broken down into N40,000 free and N20,000 loan. Those at HND level will get N80,000, broken down into N60,000 free and N20,000 loan.
The sum will be paid from the next academic session.
A summary of the conditions for the scholarship in Imo State are as follows;
1) The student's Father must be from Imo or both parents must be from Imo.
2) He/She must be attending Imo state owned schools
3) He/She must be certified by the traditional ruler of his place, by local liaison officer of his community that he/she is truly from that community in Imo state.
4) For Imo university student of Imo state, each will get 100,000 per school year, out of which 70,000 will be the bursary for the school fee and 30,000 as loan/grant from the state.
5) After graduation and the graduate start working, only once he/she start working, then the graduate can pay the 30,000 grant to Imo state coffers, if he can only remember what help he received.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN