In collaboration with the JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB), the Niger Delta University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Pre-degree Programmes for the 2015/2016 session. The Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificates which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by the Niger Delta University and other JUPEB affiliated Universities in Nigeria and Universities abroad. The JUPEB Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificates (HSC) or IJMB. For admission into the Niger Delta University and other JUPEB affiliate institutions, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examination for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all admission requirements prescribed by Departments and Faculties of choice.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB Predegree Programmes must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in at least Five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB). The following Faculties and Departments are available.
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE: i. Department of Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology ii. Department of Crop and Soil Science iii. Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies iv. Department of Animal Science
2. FACULTY OF ARTS: i. Department of English and Literary Studies ii. Department of History and Diplomacy iii. Department of Theatre Arts iv. Department of Philosophy v. Department of Religious Studies
3. FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES: i. Bio-Chemistry ii. Medicine iii. Medical Laboratory Science
4. FACULTY OF EDUCATION: i. Department of Curriculum & Instruction ii. Department of Educational Foundations iii. Department of Vocational/Industrial Technology
5. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING: i. Department of Agricultural/Environmental Engineering ii. Department of Chemical Engineering iii. Department of Civil Engineering/Hydrology iv. Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering v. Department of Mechanical/Marine Engineering vi. Department of Petroleum Engineering
6. FACULTY OF LAW: i. Law
7. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: i. Department of Finance & Accountancy: a. Accountancy b. Banking & Finance c. Insurance ii. Department of Business Administration a. Management b. Marketing iii. Department of Office Information Management
8. FACULTY OF NURSING: i. Nursing
9. FACULTY OF PHARMACY: i. Pharmacy
10. FACULTY OF SCIENCE: i. Department of Biological Science ii. Department of Computer Science iii. Department of Geology iv. Department of Mathematics Education v. Department of Physics Education vi. Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
11. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES: i. Department of Economics ii. Department of Geography/Environmental Management iii. Department of Political Science iv. Department of Sociology All the combinations above meet the entry requirement for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the Niger Delta University and other JUPED affiliate Universities.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME: The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of two Semesters. It is strictly a non-residential programme.
METHODS OF APPLICATION: Registration is online on our website at www.ndu.edu.ng or at www.ndu.ac starting from Tuesday, September 15 – Wednesday, September 30, 2015. The Registration Process is as follows: (a) Go to any Diamond, Sky or First Bank branch in Nigeria. Purchase an e-pin for Niger Delta University Pre-degree Programme for a fee of (N15,000.00). The University will not subsidize other charges such as bank charges. Go to the website https://webpay.opus.com.ng and pay for your pin online using your ATM or Credit card. Instructions written on the site. Please ensure you print your payment reference as the authorization epin is on it.
Disclaimer: Please protect your ATM and Credit Card details. The Niger Delta University will not be held liable for any incidents.
(b) After Payment Go online and log onto www.ndu.edu.ng and link the site www.ndu.ac or go directly to www.ndu.ac and click on Apply for predegree. Complete the online application for pre-degree. Candidates who are to purchase the application forms online should complete the following steps and pay accordingly. Log on to our admission website: www.predegree.ndu.ac or www.ndu.edu.ng Closing date for the submission of forms is September 30, 2015.
Signed: Mr. Tonbra R. Morris-Odubo Registrar