18TH CONVOCATION CEREMONIES PROGRAMME OF EVENTS AND NOTICE TO GRADUANDS
The Vice Chancellor of the Laos State University(LASU) Professor John Oladapo Obafunwa, wishes to notify the Graduands, University Community, and the General Public that the programme of events for the 18th Convocation Ceremonies of the University has been approved to hold as follows:
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
Day 1. Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013:
Convocation Press Conference Venue: University Senate Chamber, Ojo Time: 2.00 p.m. Jumat Service Venue: University Mosque, Ojo Time: 1.00 p.m. Church Service Venue: University Chapel (Chapel of Light), Ojo Time: 10.00 a.m. Coconut Breaking Festival Venue: Badagry Entrance Gate Time: 9.30 a.m. Command Performance by the Department of Theatre Arts and Music: Lekan Balogun¡¯s Moremi directed by Babafemi Babatope Venue: New University Auditorium complex, Ojo Time: 10.00 a.m.
Day 2. Friday, Feb. 15, 2013:
Day 3. Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013:
Day 4. Monday, Feb. 18, 2013:
Day 5. Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013
Convocation Lecture Convocation Lecturer: Professor Julius Okojie Executive Secretary, NUC Abuja Topic: ¡°Quality Assurance and the Challenges of Mandate Delivery in Nigerian University¡± Venue: New University Auditorium Complex, Ojo Time: 3.00 p.m. ¨C 4.00 p.m. Award of First Degrees and Diplomas in all Venue: New University Auditorium Complex, Ojo. Time: 9.30 a.m. – Graduands are to be seated in the Auditorium 10.00 a.m. ¨C University procession
Day 6. Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013: Faculties
Day 7. Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013:
Award of Higher Degrees. Venue: New University Auditorium Complex, Ojo.Time: 9.45 a.m. ¨C Graduands Procession 10.00 a.m. ¨C Academic procession
Kindly be informed that once the academic procession begins, there shall be no movement in and out of the Auditorium.
NOTICE TO THE GRADUANDS
1. Graduands are expected, to collect academic attire and packages before the ceremonies, after the payment of Six thousand, five hundred (N6,500.00) naira only into the underlisted designated bank:
BANKS UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA ACCOUNT NUMBERS 1010295541 ACCOUNT NAME LASU REVENUE
A refundable fee of two thousand naira (N2, 000.00) only will be made available to graduands on the return of Academic Gown. Invitation cards, Notice AND convocation package will thereafter be issued on the presentation of the receipt of payment.
Postgraduate graduand who is interested in purchasing the University Academic Gown is required to pay a total sum of thirty thousand (N30,000.00) naira only into any of the above account numbers.
2. Academic attire collected, should be returned immediately, after each ceremony OR at the latest by Monday, February 25, 2013, after which the refundable fee of two thousand naira (N2,000) only will be returned to the graduand at the Bursary on the presentation of clearance, obtained at the Faculties, for the return of academic attire.
3. Any graduand who holds on to the academic attire beyond Monday, February 25, 2013 will be liable to afine of five Hundred naira (N500:00) only for each day of default. Also any graduand who loses OR damages the academic attire, would pay Ten thousand three hundred naira (N10,300:00) only as replacement fee.
4. Parents of graduands AND invited guests are advised to be seated NOT later than 9.35 a.m. on each day. The assistance of Faculty Officers should be sought to ensure that the hood AND cap are properly worn. The tassels(Cords) of the Cap should be positioned to the right.
5. First Degree Graduands, are to move the tassels of their caps from right to left at a point during the ceremony, when the Vice chancellor declares:¡°I admit you all¡±. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduatesof Lagos State University (LASU). Higher Degree recipients should put on their caps, with the tassels placed at the left hand side, since they already have their first degrees.
6. Female graduands are expected to show courtesy, when they shake hands with the Vice Chancellor, while male graduands should bow, but should NOT remove their caps. (GRADUANDS SHOULD PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY)
7. Graduands are tojoin the Convocation procession by 9.45 a.m.
8. Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated, in the sections provided for them in the New University Auditorium Complex. The convocation package comprising: Orderof proceedings Convocation brochure and souvenir magazine (1 copy each)AND Academic Attire Will be given out to Graduands by their respective Faculty Officers OR Secretary to the Postgraduate School for Higher Degrees:
9. UNAUTHORIZED MOVEMENTS AND TAKING OF PHOTOGRAPHS will NOT be allowed during the Convocation Ceremony. Graduands are therefore advised in their own interest to complete such activity before coming in to the New University Auditorium Complex OR wait till after the ceremony. Any graduand who leaves his/her seat while the ceremony is on will NOT be allowed to return to the Auditorium. This isto ensure ORDERLINESS during the Convocation Ceremonies.
10. Graduands AND guests under the canopy are requested to be orderly, andstand when the Academic Procession enters AND leaves the convocation venue.
11. Graduands should be properly robed; they are also advised to conform to the colour, prescribed for their Faculties.
12. All graduands are required to immediately commence and complete the process of their clearance in their respective College/Schools/Faculties before the ceremony, in order to facilitate the collection of their degree certificates onthe day of Convocation.
LASU ¡.. Repositioning for Excellence
You Can Reach us by comment below for assistance, if you have any questions.
Dont forget to click the FACEBOOK/TWITTER LIKE/SHARE LINK below, to share this with YOUR FRIENDS WHO MIGHT NEED THEM.
VNTI: Remain Updated!!