The Nigeria Youth Service Corps(NYSC) Management has released 2013 Batch A Time-table and the requirements for the registration of Foreign trained Nigerian graduates.
NYSC MOBILISATION TIME TABLE FOR 2013 BATCH ‘A’
Registration of Foreign-trained Nigerian Graduates – 10th December, 2012-24th January, 2013
Submission of Masterlist. Screening/Vetting by Mobilization Officers – 21th – 24th January, 2013
Action by the Computer Centre (coding) – 21st January- 11th February, 2013
Delivery of Preliminary Printouts – 11th – 13th February, 2013
Return of Corrected Printouts by Institutions to NYSC NDHQ – 25th – 27th February , 2013
Action by Computer (Coding, Corrections etc) – 25th February – 11th March, 2013
Sorting and Packaging of Call-up letters – 11th – 18th March, 2013
Delivery of Call-up letters to CPIs / NYSC Secretariats – 18th – 20th March,2013
Briefing of Prospective Corps Members – Throughout the year
2013 Batch ‘A’ Orientation Course – 26th March – 16th April, 2013
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE REGISTRATION FOREIGN TRAINED NIGERIANGRADUATES FOR THE 2013 BATCH ‘A’ SERVICE YEAR
1. The original and photocopies of the following documents are required for registration and mobilization of foreign trained Nigerian graduates into the National Youth Service Corps; viz MANAGEMENT
(i) First University Degree or HND Certificate
(ii) Complete Transcript of the Degree or HND programme
(iii) Marks Sheets (for Indian Schools only)
(iv) O’level Certificate i.e WASC, GCE, SSCE, NECO, IGCE, GCSE, High School Diploma for those who schooled in USA e.t.c. (candidate must have obtained not less than 5 credits in 2 sittings in any of the exams). Please note that statement of result or attestation letters are not accepted in any of the above.
(v) Medical Doctors and Optometrists are required to produce in addition, Registration Certificate, original and photocopy of completion of Housemanship of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria/Optometrists Association of Nigeria, as applicable.
(vi) Pharmacists shall produce in addition, original and photocopy of Internship and the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria-registration certificate.
2. Nigerian International Passport showing clearly;
(i) Entry Visa to country of study
(ii) First departure date from Nigeria
(iii) Date of return to Nigeria
(iv) Candidates with dual nationality are required to produce both passports for verification.
3. Three (3) passport size photographs.
4. LOSS OF TRAVELLING PASSPORT
a ) prospective Corps Member who lost his/her passport would be requiredto present;
(i) Police and Immigration reports from the country where the Passport gotmissing.
(ii) Sworn Affidavit
(iii) The above documents should contain the same information as contained in the lost passport.
b ) FOR LOSS OF ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS, the following is
(i) Police Report
(ii) Sworn Affidavit
(iii) Confirmation letter from the institution where the academic credentials was obtained.
5 . Certificates not written in English Language be translated at the Embassy of the country of origin of the University or a University where the language is studied, before presentation to the NYSC.
6. SPECIAL NOTE :
*. Foreign-trained graduates enlisting into the Nigerian Youth Service are not obliged to choose their State of deployment. However, married women would be deployed to the state where their husbands are domiciled provided their marriage certificate and evidence of change of name are attached to their forms.
*. Registration is not done by proxy. All prospective Corps Members must therefore appear physically at the Evaluation Division of the Corps mobilization Department for registration, NYSC National Directorate Headquarters, Plot 416, Tigris Crescent. Maitama, Abuja.
DISTRIBUTION OF CALL-UP LETTERS FOR FOREIGN TRAINED PROSPECTIVE CORPS MEMBERS
You are aware that foreign trained prospective corps members report at the Directorate Headquarters Abuja for both the registration and subsequent collection of the Call-up letters.
2. In line with this Administration’s policy of improving on services delivery to its clients, Management has decided that henceforth, foreign trained prospective corps members are to collect their Call-up letters at the NYSC Secretariat in the State of their domicile.
3. In view of the above, Corps Mobilization Department is now to package the Call-up letters for the foreign trained prospective corps members and deliver to the State Co-ordinators during the process of delivering those of the Nigerian trained prospective Corps members to the Corps Producing Institutions.
4. State Co-ordinators are to ensure that foreign trained prospective Corpsmembers personally collect their Call-up letters on presentation of their International traveling Passport, and other relevant documents and not by proxies. Furthermore, all unclaimed Call-up letters and the comprehensive acknowledgement of receipt showing the signature of the prospective Corps members must be returned to the Director (Corps Mobilization) through Resident Officers at the end of the Orientation.
5. State Co-ordinators are to ensure strict compliance in view of the importance attached to the Call-up letters and the new policy please.
Signed NT OKORE-AFFIA
For more details and enquiries visit http://www.nysc.gov.ng/
You Can Reach us by comment below, if you have any questions. We would be glad to be of assistance.
Dont forget to click the FACEBOOK LIKE/SHARE LINK below, to share this with YOUR FRIENDS WHO MIGHT NEED THEM.
Also join us for future News and updates from your Institution by clicking any of this links below:
• JAMB 2013/2014: CLICK HERE TO GET “THE VNTI GUIDE TO ADMISSIONS IN NIGERIAN TERTIARY INSTITUTION
• CLICK HERE TO JOIN VNTI ON FACEBOOK
• CLICK HERE TO JOIN VNTI ON TWITTER
VNTI: Remain Updated!!