The University of Ibadan(UI) has completed preparations for her 2012 graduation and 64th foundation day celebration which has been scheduled to hold from the 15th to the 17th of November, 2012 at the University premises.
2012 GRADUATION AND 64TH FOUNDATION DAY CEREMONIES, 15, 16 AND 17 NOVEMBER, 2012.
NOTICE TO GRADUANDS
1. Each Graduand is expected to collect his/her academic outfit before the Ceremony, after presenting the receipt of payment of school fees containing the appropriate Convocation levy for Diploma/Certificate, First Degree and Higher Degree as well as a separate receipt of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) for the University of Ibadan Alumni Association (UIAA) Membership levy. The levy of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) must be paid to the Alumni Office.
2. All Graduands are expected to pay a refundable deposit of N500.00 (Five Hundred Naira) only to their respective Faculty Officers for the academic outfits
3. Academic outfits, Invitation Cards and Notices, will be issued onthe presentation of appropriate receipts, at the Graduands’ respective Faculties.
4. Each academic outfit should be returned immediately after the Ceremony. Failure to do so will attract a Surcharge of N100.00 (One Hundred Naira only) per day.
5. Graduands who fail to pay the UIAA levy and also fail to return the academic outfit will have their certificates withheld until they fulfill the above requirement.
6. Graduands are advised to be properly robed and seated not later than 8.45 a.m. on each day. The assistance of Faculty Officers should be sought to ensure that the hood and cap are properly worn. The tassel (cord) of the cap should be worn to the right.
First Degree Graduands are to move the tassels of their caps from the right to the left, at a point in time during the Ceremony, when the Vice-Chancellor declares: “I admit you all”. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of the University of Ibadan. Higher Degree recipients should wear their tassels to the left since they are already First Degree Holders.
7. Female Graduands are expected to show courtesy when they shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor, while male Graduands would bow, but should not remove their caps.
GRADUANDS ARE TO PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
8. Graduands are to enter Trenchard Hall through the Mellanby Hall side gate. They shall move in a Procession at 8.15 a.m. into Trenchard Hall on 15 and 16 November and International Conference Centre on 17 November, 2012.
9. Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated in the section provided for them in the Hall. The Graduation Order of Proceedings will be given out to Graduands by their respective Faculty Officers and the Deputy Registrar (Postgraduate School) as the case may be at the entrance to the Hall. Please note the above and comply.
10. Unauthorized movements and the taking of photographs will not be allowed in the Hall. Graduands are therefore advised in their own interest to complete such activity on time before cominginto the Hall, or wait until after the Ceremony. Any Graduand who leaves his/her seat will not be allowed to return to the Hall.
11. All Graduands and visitors are expected to stand when the Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when the NationalAnthem/University Anthem are being sung or played. Graduands are requested to please be orderly and wait till the end of the Ceremony.
12. All Graduands are expected to pay the levies as stipulated whether or not they hire the academic outfits.
We congratulate all graduands of the University of Ibadan on their achievements on becoming graduates of the great citadel of Higher learning, while advising them to use their skills for nation building and development, representing the University in all areas of life.