Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the positions of Research Assistants that will be working on the various research themes of the Centre of Excellence in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology under the Science and Technology Education Post Basic Project (STEP – B).
- Research Assistant I (with PhD in view subject to admission by Postgraduate School, FUT, Minna)
- Research Assistant II (with Masters in view subject to admission by Postgraduate School, FUT, Minna)
List of Focal Research Themes:
- Vaccine discovery targeting pneumonia, cholera, malaria, sleeping sickness, diabetes,
- helminths, tuberculosis and Cancer
- Drug discovery from natural products targeting malaria, sleeping sickness, diabetes, helminths, tuberculosis and Cancer.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging /Laser Technique in Vaccine and Drug development.
- Application of nanotechnology in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Candidates must possess 5 O/L credits in English Language, Mathematics and 3 other relevant science subjects.
- A first Class or Second Class Upper Division at B.Tech/B.Eng/B.Sc level.
- Candidates applying for the Position of Research Assistant I must have, in addition to the above, a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or ‘B’ grade at M. Tech/M.Eng/M.Sc level.
- Payment of Postgraduate School fees
- Access to the use of equipment in the Centre
- Access to consumables
- Monthly stipend during training.
Preference will be given to candidates with background in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science (very good knowledgeof modern programming languages) and Engineering i.e. Material, Chemical and Mechanical.
1) Interested Candidates are expected to fill the Expression of Interest from online at the University website: www.futminna.edu.ngand submit same to the Project e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th October, 2012.
2) Candidates are also expected to submit 3-page write up for Research Assistant II and 8- page write up for Research Assistant I on the Research theme of interest. For guidance, Candidates may wish to view the Focus Research Questions of the Centre at the link: Focus Research Questions
3) Candidates are strongly advised to apply for appropriate postgraduate programmes through Postgraduate School, FUT, Minna. Sale of Postgraduate forms closes on 3 rd October, 2012.
4) Candidates currently running postgraduate programmes in relevant areas are also eligible to apply.
Click the LINK below
Click “SHARE” below, for your friends to get this!!!
You Can Reach us by comment below, if you have any questions. We would be glad to be of assistance.
Dont forget to click the SHARE button below to share this with YOUR FRIENDS WHO MIGHT NEED THEM.
Also join us for future updates using the JOIN US ON FACEBOOK/TWITTER LINK below!!.
VNTI ̈́ ͂ ̷̐ ̈́ ̈́ ͂