UNIPORT OPENS APPLICATION INTO THE POST-HND BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (B.ENG) DEGREE PROGRAMME FOR 2012/2013 ACADEMIC SESSION

The University Of Port Harcourt invites Applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Post-HND Programme of the Faculty of Engineering for the 2012/2013 Academic Session.

OBJECTIVE
The Programme aims at upgrading and strengthening the academic background of holders of HND in Engineering so as to improve their managerial and engineering competence and efficiency on the job as well as ensuring enhancedindustrial productivity.
The Programme leads to the award of Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) Degree in any of the following fields of study:
*. Chemical Engineering
*. Civil Engineering
*. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
*. Mechanical Engineering
*. Petroleum Engineering

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must possess the following requirements in order to qualify for registration into the Programme:
*. A pass at a minimum level of Lower Credit at the HND (in any of the above mentioned disciplines ), and
*. Credit level passes at the O/Level in the SSCE, WASC/GCE/NECO in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, and any other Science subject (Biology, Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing or Further Mathematics).

DURATION
The minimum duration of the Programme is three calendar years. A calendar year in this sense consists of three terms of evening and weekend classes.

METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Forms are obtainable from the Post-HND Office, Choba Park, University of Port Harcourt, on payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000 .00(Ten Thousand naira only) in Bank Draft from any of the following Banks:
*. First Bank Plc
*. Uniport-Choba Micro-Finance Bank .

SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED FORMS
• Completed Application Forms together with 2 passport-sized photographs of the applicant and the original copy of Receipt of Payment for the Application Form should be returned to:
The Coordinator, Post-HND Unit
Choba Park, University of Port Harcourt

CLOSING DATE
The sale of Forms will close on 31 st October, 2012.

Signed: Matilda Nnodim (Mrs)
Registrar

SOURCE: University Of Port Harcourt

All the best

Comments

1. IDUNG EMMANUEL .A. says:

Please is there also forms for Post HND in Faculty of Natural Sciences?

2. akuchie lambert emeka says:

can one apply for Post HND in the faculty of education?

3. The minister of education and Nigerian Universities and the Government
    are
    stupid.Have u seen any place in the world where H.N.D is Done for 5yrs if the H.N.D in ufucking opinion is not competent why not give them a fair testing ground to test knowledge than this relegation.H.N.D IS B.tech Degree bcos is five years 2yrs ND 1 yr industrial training 2yrs H.N.D. iF IS A Waste of time scrap the poly or make them B.tech Degrees.If not in years to come there will b boomerang,because nigeria is fucked.3YRS of hard labour. Imagine if Albert a graduate of Zuric poly who made law of
    resistivity in Physics was a Nigerian?He would b ask to buy post H.N.D form.
    Is why i keep saying there can never b peace in Nigeria some people just to pride their slfe in lies u n i know the truth,then why assume he/she is not up to merit.This country has no structure the university/polytechnic graduates they all are not up to average because they believe in Certificate not Enlightenment so they lobby their way into school and out of school with bought Certificate 2.1,2.2 upper credit. I am not a graduate but bring the Best Nigerian Student to withstand me he/she can’t.Believe me i have it in my head not on paper.But in case i change my mind i will go buy Bsc from one of this
    Nigerain Universities.I got the Money.

4. My spellings pls my apology,this page has no editing facility.But most importantly feel me.

5. Hw much is the fee for the programme

6. Please ni want to pursue a Post Hnd programme in your school. I have HND in computer Science(upper credit) can i be admitted for Programme In Elect\Elect?

I wait your kind response.

e-mail:aico4real@yahoo.co.uk

mobile:08037434360.

7. iyke Nnadozie says:

ill dis offer favour those wit pass in english and two sittings for engineering courses?

8. Okocha king nsigilem says:

Please i we like to no if somebody that have HND PASS in building technology can be admitted for the programme in civil engineering department. I wait your kind response please.

9. Emmanuel Essen says:

can i do the post hnd programme in weekends only ie fridays to sundays.

10. Obah Chygold says:

Please when is Uniport releasing the Post HND admission list for 2012/2013 ?…please I need to know.
    I’m tired of waiting.

08068747819

11. Dairo Lanre Olalekan says:

Pls, My inquiry goes thus; I have HND in civil Engineering upper credit but i have D7 in chemistry from WAEC and i possessed NABTEB with pass at credit level in all subjects undertaken inclusive of credit in Chemistry. Pls i will like to know if i can apply and also change my course from civil Engineering to either Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering ? Thanks. I’ll be grateful if i could have the fedback through the Email above.

• Dairo Lanre says:

Reminder on my request concerning the HND conversion programme which reply is still pending. It was posted on your wall 25/01/2013. Thanks Dairo lanre.

• christian says:

please can someone with HND in science lab tech – electronics option be admitted to this programme?

12. madupatrick says:

with a credit in higher national diploma, Building construction technology from Yaba college of technology lagos, 17 years experience with in the construction industry. can this grant me an opportunity to continue with your programme come 2013/2014 session.
    regards.

13. Adenekan Adegbenga says:

Dear Sir/Ma,
    Please, I would like to confirm if 2013/2014 HND Top up form is stil on sale.
    Thanks