As part of efforts to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and the Transformation Agenda, the Federal Government of Nigeria plans to develop a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development. This would be achieved through the sponsorship of outstanding students for postgraduate studies in the top 25 universities in the world.
To this end, the Federal Government has instituted the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Eligible Applicants must:
1. be graduates from the 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by May 2012;
2. have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognized and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied disciplines:
1. Sciences : Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, etc
2. Basic Medical Sciences : Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, etc;
3. Special Aspects of Biology: Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
4. Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, etc;
5. Engineering & Technology: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Cyber-Security, Software Engineering, etc;
6. Medicine: Oncology, Human Genetics, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, etc;
*In the case of Medicine, candidates must have a minimum of 2 Distinctions in their Part 3 and Part 4 MBBS examinations;
In all cases, candidates must:
(a) be below 30 years of age by July 2012;
(b) be computer literate; and
(c) be ready to be bonded and to work, preferably, as academic staff in any public university or research institute for a minimum period of five (5) years.
Please note that universities in the United States of America require candidates to sit for the Graduate Record Exams (GRE) before they can secure admission.
Interested candidates should follow the steps below for a successful application:
• visit www.nuc.edu.ng
• click on ‘ Apply for PRESSID’ link (banner or menu) to complete the application.
For further enquiries, please contact the Committee through email@example.com on or before 30 th July, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidate will be invited for further screening.
Professor Julius A. Okojie, OON
Chairman, Implementation Committee, PRESSID
You Can Reach us by comment below, if you have any questions. We would be glad to be of assistance.
Dont forget to click the SHARE button below to share this with YOUR FRIENDS WHO MIGHT NEED THEM.
Also join us for future updates using the JOIN US ON FACEBOOK/TWITTER LINK at the top.
VNTI ̈́ ͂ ̷̐ ̈́ ̈́ ͂