FUTMINNA POST-GRADUATE APPLICATION BEGINS JULY 16TH

The Federal University Minna(FUTMINNA), one of the 9 newly established Universities by the federal Government in 2011, has announced the sale of her application forms into postgraduate programmes at the University.
Sales of forms are to commence on the 16th of July.

GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
A candidate applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Federal University of Technology, Minna must have obtained five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. No admission shall be made on the basis of any awaiting O/Level paper result and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.

1. MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
i. A Minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other recognized University.
ii. A Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years Postgraduate experience in relevant fields may be considered, in some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates in consultation with the Postgraduate School may be required.
iii. Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one year graduation experience may be considered.
iv. For avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grade at any level Degree, PGD, HND and OND do not qualify for admission to the Masters Degree Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPA less than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Masters Degree Programmes.
v. Where examination is required as in the case of 1 (ii) and 1 (iii) above, an examination fee of N500.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
vi. In all cases of admission the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based background are normally considered.
vii. All Masters Degree Programmes require course work components in addition to research work components. There is no exemption. A thesis must bedefended and submitted for a student to qualify to graduate.

2. PH.D PROGRAMMES:
i . Candidates for admission for any of Ph.D. Programme shall be Masters Degreegraduates of the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other Universityrecognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate.
ii. A Master Degree holder applying for Ph.D. Programme of the Universitymust have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in overall performance in the Masters Degree programme.
iii. Appropriate courses may be prescribed for candidates whose backgroundis considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.

DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
i Masters Degree Programmes

The Masters Degree programme are expected to last a minimum of 3 Semestersfor Full-Time Students and 4 Semesters for Part-Time Students. The maximum allowable periods of studies shall be 6 Semesters for Full-Time and 8 Semesters for Part-Time Students, subject to maintaining a GPA of 2.50 in every semester. Failure to meet this requirement will result in withdrawal from the programme.

ii Ph.D Programmes
A Minimum of 36 months for Full-Time Students and 60 months for Part-Time Students is required. A maximum of 60 months and 84 months is allowed for Full-Time and Part-Time Students respectively.

For Individual Faculty and Departmental requirements, Please click here to visit the FUTMINNA OFFICIAL WEBSITE

APPLICATION PROCEDURE
1. All applications for Admission should be directed to:
The Secretary,
Postgraduate School,
Federal University of Technology,
P.M.B. 65,
Minna,
Niger State.

2. Application forms will be on sale as from 16 th July 2012
3. Completed application forms must be returned to the Secretary, Postgraduate School on or before 3rd October 2012 and must include photocopies of credentials including NYSC Discharge Certificate/ Exemption or Exclusion letter. Failure to submit any or all the items at the time of selection is sufficient grounds to disqualify an applicant.
4. All Ph.D. applications must be accompanied by a type-written proposal of the research interest (not more than 2000 words) of the applicant.
5. It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that the Referee’s report and transcripts are received on time. Any application not accompanied by at least two referees’ report will be rejected.
6. Any Ph.D. application not supported with an official academic transcript and proposed research at the point of consideration shall be disqualified.
7. Provisional Admission cannot be utilized without all necessary bio-data submitted. Registration formalities(payment of fees, registration and screening) shall be completed within the four weeks of the commencement of the Session beyond which there shall be penalty for late registration up to the sixth week of the commencement of the Session.

APPLICATION FORMS.
University charges an application fee of N5000.00 Payable in Bank draft made infavour of the Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUT MINNA).

PAYMENT OF FEES AND OTHER CHARGES.
All students are required to pay in full their fees and charges in the first year and thereafter each Semester of their studentship including any period of extension of studies approved by the University Senate.
Signed.
V. N Kolo (Mrs)
Registrar

We wish You all the Best.

You have Found This Important Update, Your Friends Might Be Looking For This News Item, Why not Share it with them Using the SHARE button below and join us for future updates using the JOIN US ON FACEBOOK/TWITTER LINK at the top.

Comments

1. Jacob says:

I can’t wait for this….wow

2. kennedy distiny says:

pls ,is futminna conducting a screening test for direct entry condiate with national diploma.if yes when is d date and time..thanks

3. kenneth ikeyin says:

i want to know the reguirement for PGD Estate Management

4. Abdullahi babatunde Aliyu says:

Am a batch c corp member, am interested in d pg form, but d discharge certificate will be issued 2 us on d 21 of oct, but we are ask to submit all d credentials on 3rd oct, pls wot can i do

5. Chinedu says:

1 which bank can we get the draft, and where. I obtain upper credit in HND. Wil I get pgd before my masters! If yes, Do phg requires refrees.

6. ugo says:

how much is there tuition fee for PGD programe in computer science, and i
    want to know if i graduate with PGD in computer if i will be qualify to apply for TELECOMMUNICATION in at masters level since their dont offer admision into TELECOM for PDG… thanks…………i have HND now

7. ETONIEKWU CHARLES says:

I have lower credit in chemical engineering, pls can i obtain my master form.

8. Ifeanyi francis says:

Can some body with HND upper credit or Distinction run his master program directly without PGD ?

9. christie monday says:

please, is there going to be any supplementary form this year for the PGD programme, and how much is the registration fee? Thank you

• Luana says:

Here’s the grammatically eiedtd version I have done. I love to hear you sound so happy. Yes, everything does go by too fast. I remember when I was your age as if it were yesterday, and yet nine years have gone by since then.When I finished school, I faced the same challenge. I liked writing as well, but I couldn’t decide on my career. The worst thing you can do at this moment is panic. And I panicked by enrolling in Philology (Letras), one of the best universities in America, the University of Buenos Aires I paniced because I wasn’t decided.The choice was interesting with excellent professors, but after two years of study I realised that it wasn’t what I expected. I spent a year without studying this subject until I finished my career in Humanities, which has no specificity, but it’s a series of studies related to literature, psychology, art, philosophy, science, etc. It’s a very comprehensive training course that focuses on the field that most interests you through postgraduate studies. I want you to know my opinion. It’s not my advice; just my opinion. If your plans are to study at a university, in your beautiful city there is one of the best universities in the world, or maybe the best: the University of Oxford. And my opinion it is well founded, I have met professors who studied there and people who lived there too.Daniel Dawson, my ex professor of Universal Literature, was the typical English gentleman. He had great elegance clothing. His classes were a pleasure, as well as hearing him talking in Spanish. He was one of the best teachers I have ever known.Many people all over the world dream of going to that university. Within the division of Humanities, is the Faculty of English and Literature. When you have time, visit the university. Walks the halls, the library, try to talk to someone. I’m sure that they’ll be happy to speak with such an adorable young man. Actually, people never have anything to do at the universities Try to imagine if you would like to study four or five years there. But the most important thing to do is to examine the curriculum, each subject, from your own taste. Try to do all this during the next year. If you can, attend a class to see what your previous experience is.I say all this because you should consider studying a career ONLY if you really feel that you like what a certain institution offers. Never go down a career path if you’re not quite convinced that it’s right. Never study a career just to please your parents, or for prestige or because society establishes it as law.I’d be extremely happy if this was truly your desire but, as an academic, I also must say you that university is not the only alternative, especially if you want to be a writer. There was not much to correct, but look out for sentence fragments and missing subjects or objects where needed if you plan on writing in English again. Also your advice to your friend was very insightful and true. I can tell you care a lot about him.

10. oyeleye waheed A says:

how much is school fees for PGD programme in your school.?

11. Charles FOE Okafor says:

Does the sale of FUT MINNA’s post Graduate Application forms commence on the 16th of July of every academic year?

12. olabode says:

How much is pgd school fees

13. Ake Adekunle says:

Please, could you tell me while you do not run PGD in Electrical Engineering; more so, when are is it going to commence?

14. Osagie kingsley says:

How much is the school fees for E-learning degree program,