The Federal University Minna(FUTMINNA), one of the 9 newly established Universities by the federal Government in 2011, has announced the sale of her application forms into postgraduate programmes at the University.
Sales of forms are to commence on the 16th of July.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
A candidate applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Federal University of Technology, Minna must have obtained five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. No admission shall be made on the basis of any awaiting O/Level paper result and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.
1. MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
i. A Minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other recognized University.
ii. A Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years Postgraduate experience in relevant fields may be considered, in some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates in consultation with the Postgraduate School may be required.
iii. Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one year graduation experience may be considered.
iv. For avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grade at any level Degree, PGD, HND and OND do not qualify for admission to the Masters Degree Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPA less than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Masters Degree Programmes.
v. Where examination is required as in the case of 1 (ii) and 1 (iii) above, an examination fee of N500.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
vi. In all cases of admission the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based background are normally considered.
vii. All Masters Degree Programmes require course work components in addition to research work components. There is no exemption. A thesis must bedefended and submitted for a student to qualify to graduate.
2. PH.D PROGRAMMES:
i . Candidates for admission for any of Ph.D. Programme shall be Masters Degreegraduates of the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other Universityrecognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate.
ii. A Master Degree holder applying for Ph.D. Programme of the Universitymust have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in overall performance in the Masters Degree programme.
iii. Appropriate courses may be prescribed for candidates whose backgroundis considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
i Masters Degree Programmes
The Masters Degree programme are expected to last a minimum of 3 Semestersfor Full-Time Students and 4 Semesters for Part-Time Students. The maximum allowable periods of studies shall be 6 Semesters for Full-Time and 8 Semesters for Part-Time Students, subject to maintaining a GPA of 2.50 in every semester. Failure to meet this requirement will result in withdrawal from the programme.
ii Ph.D Programmes
A Minimum of 36 months for Full-Time Students and 60 months for Part-Time Students is required. A maximum of 60 months and 84 months is allowed for Full-Time and Part-Time Students respectively.
For Individual Faculty and Departmental requirements, Please click here to visit the FUTMINNA OFFICIAL WEBSITE
1. All applications for Admission should be directed to:
Federal University of Technology,
2. Application forms will be on sale as from 16 th July 2012
3. Completed application forms must be returned to the Secretary, Postgraduate School on or before 3rd October 2012 and must include photocopies of credentials including NYSC Discharge Certificate/ Exemption or Exclusion letter. Failure to submit any or all the items at the time of selection is sufficient grounds to disqualify an applicant.
4. All Ph.D. applications must be accompanied by a type-written proposal of the research interest (not more than 2000 words) of the applicant.
5. It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that the Referee’s report and transcripts are received on time. Any application not accompanied by at least two referees’ report will be rejected.
6. Any Ph.D. application not supported with an official academic transcript and proposed research at the point of consideration shall be disqualified.
7. Provisional Admission cannot be utilized without all necessary bio-data submitted. Registration formalities(payment of fees, registration and screening) shall be completed within the four weeks of the commencement of the Session beyond which there shall be penalty for late registration up to the sixth week of the commencement of the Session.
University charges an application fee of N5000.00 Payable in Bank draft made infavour of the Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUT MINNA).
PAYMENT OF FEES AND OTHER CHARGES.
All students are required to pay in full their fees and charges in the first year and thereafter each Semester of their studentship including any period of extension of studies approved by the University Senate.
V. N Kolo (Mrs)
We wish You all the Best.
You have Found This Important Update, Your Friends Might Be Looking For This News Item, Why not Share it with them Using the SHARE button below and join us for future updates using the JOIN US ON FACEBOOK/TWITTER LINK at the top.
VNTI ̈́ ͂ ̷̐ ̈́ ̈́ ͂