The management of Nigeria’s premier University, The University of Ibadan(UI) has announced a 2 weeks delay to the resumption date of the students. The UI management revealed that the extension is in a bid to achieve all their laid down plan to tackle various disturbing issues within the University of Ibadan(UI) premises.
The announcement made by the pro-chancellor of the University of Ibadan(UI) and chairman, Governing Council, Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN) also revealed that the University of Ibadan(UI) has approved the construction, purchase and upgrading of various facilities, with a bid to make study and living conducive in the University. The notable improvement/upgrading currently ongoing in the University includes;
• A 1.4 kilometres University of Ibadan—Ajibode road, which cost N148million.
• A bridge, at the cost of N122million, constructed by the University.
• The University of Ibadan Microfinance Bank Limited
• The university’s power sub-station and two newly
purchased generating sets N249million(near completion)
• The installation of inverters in various halls worth over N80million.
The pro-chancellor(University of Ibadan) in his speech made it clear, that a 24hour power supply is not feasible, but at the end of various projects, the Institution would enjoy 10hour power supply each day.
He ended his speech by saying, “Without students, there won’t be university. The students will have to bear with the management and the governing council.”
Join us on Facebook
VNTI ̈́ ͂ ̷̐ ̈́ ̈́ ͂