The excerpt below is a professional research results, fully composed by, Dr. Fred, A 300 level student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka(UNN). The habits dictated below, have been considered to have a negative effects on our brains.
The Human brain has been known to contain more than 14 billion cells, according to Dr. Benjamin Carson of the John Hopkins (Neurological) Hospital, USA who went further to say that there is no extent to what we can assimilate.
The human brain is the most complex organ in the body, and has the sole responsibility of controlling other parts of the body, through the action of Nerves and Hormones(especially the Tropic hormones). There are however practices which limit the efficiency of our brains and most times render it ineffective. These practices have been highlighted with detailed explanations, according to Dr. Fredkings, and has been summarized below;
1. ABSENCE OF BREAKFAST: People who do not take their breakfast before setting of for the days activities, are going to have a lower blood sugar level. This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain.
Implication: Causing brain degeneration.
2. OVER EATING: This causes constipation which eventually leads to the hardening of the brain blood vessels(carotid arteries and veins).
Implication: Causing decrease in mental performance of the brain.
3. SMOKING: This leads to a situation where by the subject experiences multiple brain shrinkage which may lead to brain blurring.
Implication: It causes Alzheimer disease.
4. HIGH SUGAR CONSUMPTION: Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients into the brain.
Implication: Causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.
5. AIR POLLUTION: The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain.
Implication: Bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.
6 . SLEEP DEPRIVATION: Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep is not too good for brain.
Implication: It will result in the rapid death of the brain cells.
7. COVERING OF HEAD WHILE SLEEPING: This happens to be a common practice especially in tropical Africa. Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide which effectively decrease concentration of oxygen.
Implication: This may lead to brain damaging effects, mostly from Lethargy.
8. CRACKING YOUR BRAIN DURING ILLNESS:
Working hard or studying hard when already diagnosed with an illness is generally not a good practice since it leads to the early demise of your brain cells.
What caused your body weakness does same to your brain.
Implication: May lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain.
9. LACK OF STIMULATION THOUGHT: Thinking is the best way to exercise our brains, learn to think about those things that can arouse your brain cells to work positively.
Implication: Lacking of brain stimulating/Elicit thoughts may cause brain shrinkage & damage.
10. TALKING RARELY: Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain. Means: Do not just talk, but talk about those things that can improve your brain performance & effectiveness.
Note: The views outlined here are solely that of the writers, and has no relation to the Voice Of The Nigerian Tertiary Institutions(VNTI). The article has been found to be rich and of immense value to the Nigerian Students, hence, it is recommended to be used as guideline, to prevent brain damage.
If You appreciate the VNTI efforts toward improving academic excellence, don’t hesitate to share this using the SHARE button below and join us for future updates using the JOIN US ON FACEBOOK/TWITTER LINK at the top.
VNTI ̈́ ͂ ̷̐ ̈́ ̈́ ͂