>COURTESY OF VNTI
As always, we bring you minute but Important information concerning the examination ahead, that we believe you need to be aware of, in order to make your admission this time. Below are few things you need to be aware of ahead of FUTO’S post-UTME.
• FUTO unlike other federal Universities has a UTME cut-off of 180 unless otherwise decided by JAMB on the 21st of thie month.
• The examination is not a Computer based examination
• The number of questions in Recent years has not been constant.
• When preparing for futo post ume exams,bear in mind that futo is for science student only, and science subjects are the only post-utme subjects.
• In futo there are 5 subjects you must bear in mind when preparing for the post ume exams
• Futo lifts past UTME questions, so you are adviced to consult your UTME past questions in preparation for the post-utme examination
EXAMINATION SYSTEM: WHAT TO AVOID
• Number one thing to avoid in FUTO post-utme is time wasting, because you are given less time to tackle much questions.
• In year 2009, futo set 100 questions for their candidates, meaning 20 questionsfrom each of the 5 subjects for 1hr, without calculator, Then in year 2010, when students where preparing for another 100 questions, futo came out with just 50 questions to be answered in 35 mins without calculator. Now you see that futo can change at any time to eliminate candidates. Preparation, therefore is the only way to success.
COMPETITIVE COURSES INCLUDES;
• All engineering Courses
• Information Technology
• Public Health
NON COMPETITIVE COURSES;
Any other course, apart from those listed above.
BELOW ARE SOME OF LAST YEARS POST-UTME CUT-OFF MARKS.
Note: the Federal University Of Technology Owerri does not always publish cut off mark for various department, but below is a list of some departmental cut off marks we have been able to get.
1. Informatiom management technology – 220
2. EEE – 250
3. Civil Engineering – 240.
4. Industrial micro biology – 180
5. Computer science – 200
6. Statistics – 180
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR TAKING FUTO POST UME AND ACHIEVING GOOD SUCCESS
1. Be well rested and ready to go. Get a good night’s sleep the night before theexam
2. Eat breakfast. You’ll be at the exam center for several hours and you’re likely to get hungry
3. Dont forget to bring acceptable photo ID and other required documents VERYIMPORTANT.
4. Bring extra stationery; pencils and erasers, remember you may not be allowed with calculators
5. Say a brief prayer (preferably silently)
6. Read through your question paper carefully to understand what is involved
7. Begin from the simplest question and proceed sequentially in their order of difficulty
8. Make sure you understand a question before answering it
9. Do not spend too much time on a question
10. Be very cautious of TIME
11. Make sure you try to adhere to all instructions given
wishing you SUCCESS
Remember to share this with your friends using the links below.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK VNTI- A Passion For Academic Execellence