21. A bus traveling at 15m s-1 accelerates uniformly at 4m s-2. What is the distance covered in 10s?
22. The volume and pressure of a given mass of gas at 27 0C are 76 cm3 and 80 cm of mercury respectively. Calculate its volume at s.t.p.
23. A simple microscope forms an image 10 cm from an eye close to the lens. If the object is 6 cm from the eye, calculate the focal length of the lens.
24. Calculate the work done when a spring of force constant 105 N/m is extended by 0.2m
21. Answer: 350m
22. Answer: 72.8cm3
23. Answer: 3.75cm
24. Answer: 2000N
25. Answer: the path taken
PHYSICS, UNILAG 2009
61. A piece of metal of relative density 5.0 weights 60 N in air. Calculate its weight when frilly immersed in water.
62. A force acts on a body for 0.5 s changing its momentum from 16.0 kg m s-1 to 21.0 kg m s-1 calculate the magnitude of the force
63. The period of an oscillatory motion is defined as
64. A platinum resistance thermometer has a resistance of 4 ? at 0 0C and 10? at 100 0C. Assuming the resistance changes uniformly with temperature, calculate the resistance of the thermometer when the temperature is 45 0C.
66. An object is placed on the principal axis and at the centre of curvature of a concave mirror, is the image of the object formed by the mirror real?.
67. The direction of induced current in a straight wire placed in a magnetic field is determined by using
61. Answer: 48N
62. Answer: 10.0N
63. Answer: time to complete one oscillation
64. Answer: 6.7
66. Answer: real and inverted
67. Answer: Fleming's right hand rule
VNTI- A PASSION FOR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE