OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY
1. W hat is the number of neutrons in the Uranium isotope 238 92 X?
2. W hich of the following is not contained in a dry cell?
A. carbon rod
B. paste of magnesium chloride
C. paste of ammonium chloride
D. zinc case
E. copper rod
3. A devise that converts sound energy into electrical energy is
A. The horn of a motor car
B. An AC microphone
C. A microphone
D. The telephone earpiece
E. A loud speaker
4. T he refractive index of a liquid is 1.5. If the velocity of light in a vaccum is 3.0 x 10 8 m/s, the velocity in the liquid is
1.5 x 10 8 m/s
2.0 x 10 8 m/s
3.0 x 10 8 m/s
4.5 x 10 8 m/s
9.0 x 10 8 m/s
5. T he product of PV where P is pressure and V is volume has the same unit as
E. all of the above
6. I f the force on a change 0.2 columb in an electric field is 4N, then the electric intensity of the field is
7. A household refigerator is rated 200 watts. If electricity costs 5K per kwh, whatis the cost of operating it for 20 days?
8. T o find the depth of the sea, a ship sends out a sound wave and receives an echo after one second. If the velocity of sound in water is 1500m/s, what is the depth of the sea?
9. W hich of the following is common to evaporation and boiling ? They
A. take place at any temperature
B. are surface phenomenon
C. involve change of state
D. take place at a definite pressure
E. none of the above
10. A train has an initial velocity of 44m/s and an accleration of -4m/s. What is its velocity after 10 seconds
11. T he height at which the atmosphere ceases to exist is about 80km. If the atmospheric pressure on the ground level is 760mmHg, the pressure at a height on the ground level is 760mmHg, the pressure at a height of 20km anove the ground level is?
12. T he resistance of a wire depends on
A. The length of the wire
B. The diameter of the wire
C. The temperature of the wire
D. The resistivity of the wire
E. All of the above
13. W hen a yellow card is observed through a blue glass, the card would appear as
14. I f two masses 40g and 60g respectively, are unattached firmly to the end of a light metre rule , what is the centre of gravity of the system?
A. the mid point of the metre rule
B. 40cm from the lighter m
C. 40km from the heavier mass
D. 60cm from the heavier mass
E. indetermine because the metre rule is light
15. T he force with which an object is attracted to the earth is called………..
16. W hich of the following instrument has a pure tone ?
B. vibrating string
C. turning fork
17. Which of these is not a fundamental S.l unit ?
18. R adio wave has a velocity of 3 x 10 8 m/s . If a radio station sends out a broadcast on a frequency 800KH 3 , what is the wav elength to the broadcast?
19. A simple pendulum 0.6m long has a period of 1.55. What is the period of a similar pendulum 0.4m long in the same direction
20. T he mode of heat transfer which does not require material medium is
21. T he resistance of a 5m uniform wire of cross sectional area of 0.2 x 10 -6 m 2 is0.45ohms .What is the resistivity of the material of the wire?
1.80 x 10 -8 ohms m
4.25 x 10 -6 ohms m
2.40 x 10 7 ohms m
1.70 x 10 8 ohms m
1.40 x 10 -8 ohms m
22. A man of mass 50kg ascends a flight of stairs 5m high in 5 seconds. If the accleration due to gravity is 10m/s , the power expended is
23. F our lenses are being considered for use as a microscope object, which of the following focal length is most suitable?
24. T wo strings of the same length and under the same tension gives notes of frequencies in the ratio 4:1 . The masses of the strings are in the rates of
25. A machine has a velocity ratio of 5. If it requires a 50kg of weight to overcome 200kg weight, the effciency is
Remember to visit our Forum with your friends at www.nigerianuniversitynews.con
VNTI- A PASSION FOR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE