Report arriving from the University of Benin(UNIBEN) shows why caution is required both during the day and at night, even in your sleep.

An early morning fire which according to reports started around 1am midnight on the 13th of april, razed a three-storey hostel building mainly occupied by female students.

Students, Females, surprisingly became unafraid of heights, at the incident, as they were seen Jumping off their window, at various floors and heights of the building in order to escape the inferno. Though no life was lost in the Incident, but several injuries were recorded which were resulted from the High jump.

The cause of the fire could not be ascertained but, ther UNIBEN PRO emphasized that, it probably resulted from an electrical mis-connections.

A resident of the Hostel, Grace, currently receiving treatment in the Hospital, reported that she was Frightened when she saw Images flying down her window side, and initially thought it was a robbery operation, only to fully awaken to the fact that half of her room was gone. In her own words, "I NEVER KNEW I COULD FLY, TILL THE FIRE PULLED MY WINGS AND THE NEXT THING, I AM ON AIR"

Students are advised against using electrical cookers, heaters, and other such equipments, as they are known to cause Fire outbreaks.

Help Us Inform Your Friends Now On:
TwitterFacebookWhatsAppGoogle+BufferLinkedInPin It

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *