The University of Lagos, (UNILAG), has appointed a new D.VC (academic and research) by the University senate council at their meeting held on wednesday, February, 29th, 2012.
The New DVC, professor Babajide Alo, whose appointment took effect from the 2nd of march is an individual with a spectacular awards and Nominations. Professor Babajide, is of the department of chemistry, and has earned much recognitions during his days as a scholar and is still nominated for various awards.
He was a Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry
at the Waterloo University(Ontario, Canada)
and Visiting Professor to University of Rhodes(Grahamstown, South Africa). He possess various university teaching experiences which include but not limited to;
• Training in Chemistry of Bio-active Fungal Metabolism (University of Bristol, England,with Professor Jake Macmillan, 1977)
• Postdoctoral Research Fellow, (University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, with Professor.V. Snieckus)
• CIDA/NSERC Research Fellowship, (Guelph-Waterloo Centre for Graduate Work-in-Chemistry).
• World health Organization(W.H.O) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship(University of Ibadan, Synthesis of Long-Acting contraceptive Steroids with Professor E.K. Adesogan, April 1979-September, 1979)
He is an active member of several renowned societies in the field of Chemistry which include but not limited to;
• Royal Society of Chemistry, UK, England
• Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (FIPAN)
• Chemical Society of Nigeria (FCSN)
• Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (FICCON)
• Nigerian Academy of Science (FAS)
We believe this is the beginning of a prosperous era for the UNILAG students with a person of his caliber on the driving seat of the Institution.